More About Our Cayenne CO2 Extract
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle OR 30 ml violet glass bottle
Distillation: CO2 total extraction, (unfiltered)
Botanical Name: Capsicum frutescens
Homeopathic Properties of Cayenne CO2 Extract
- Anti-carcinogenic (anti-cancer)
- Stimulant–circulatory, digestive
Avoid internal use. Do not diffuse this oil! It can create a burning sensation in nose and eyes. Dried cayenne herb is better suited to internal uses for most purposes.
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Known as a counter-irritant, cayenne CO2 extract can be used to relieve pain, and to stimulate healing of chronic or old injuries that never healed.
To use it for this purpose, it should be diluted to a 4% to 20% dilution, and applied topically, directly on the injury (not on an open wound).
It will stimulate circulation, and relieve chronic pain. It may feel very “hot” on the skin surface. It is best to start with a low dilution and go higher if necessary, until one is familiar with the burning sensation it creates.
Cover the area with saran wrap and allow it to sit for an hour or even over night. I have seen a man in his 50’s heal an old football injury from high school, one that he thought would never go away, by using this counter-irritant method.
This type of treatment is not for everyone. Each person must weigh the level of discomfort with this kind of treatment, with the possible benefits. It is a personal choice that no one can make for us.
Other uses for cayenne include treating arthritis, bruises, bursitis, fibromyalgia and shingles. Experience shows that, especially for senior citizens, it is helpful for providing long-term pain relief. It can be applied in a low dilution over joints, bones, and muscles for this purpose.
People should be aware that they must not touch eyes or eyelids until the cayenne is completely gone from their hands, as even a small amount can irritate the eyes. It can remain on skin for hours.
- IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO DILUTE THIS PRODUCT for any type of usage! Our source produces an extract containing about 2.9% to 3.5% capsaicin, which gives the extract its hot and stimulant effects. Most capsaicin cremes are available in concentrations of .025% to .075%. One could make a dilution with 75% jojoba and 25% cayenne, and it would still contain .875% capsaicin. Even at this level, it would be advisable to dilute further for topical use.
- Avoid use with children or sensitive individuals.
- Keep away from children and out of their reach. It could cause a critical reaction if ingested by a small child in undiluted form.
- Avoid getting this product in eyes. Do not rub eyes within several hours of applying this oil on skin, as it will still be irritating even after repeated hand washing. Wait at least 4 to 6 hours for oil to dissipate from hands before touching eyes.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.