More About Our Cognac Essential Oil
Size: 1.5 ml amber glass vial
Production Method: Steam distilled from the wine lees, left at the bottom of the wine barrels after aging. Contains oil from the spent yeast, and bits of fermented grape juice.
Botanical Name: Saccharomyces cerevisiae (Also known as “Brewer’s Yeast”)
Homeopathic Properties of Cognac Essential Oil
- Anti-oxidant (beneficial substances that help keep free radicals from damaging cells; this type of damage can increase the risk for clogged arteries, heart disease, cancer and vision loss)
- Inhibits food-borne pathogens including E-coli, Salmonella. and Clostridium
- Lowers blood sugar and non-benficial cholesterol
- Tonic–respiratory, immune, and cardiovascular systems
- Source of B vitamins (except B-12), chromium, and selenium
Internal–oral supplemental and semi-homeopathic dosages, inhalation
External–topical application, massage
Observations and Anecdotal Information
This species of yeast is being recommended in wholistic medicine for a wide range of possible benefits, including lowering blood sugar, lowering non-beneficial cholesterol levels, and increasing digestive strength.
It has even been cited for anti-cancer effects, antibiotic like effects, and positive effects on the heart and circulatory system.
It has also been found to increase cell levels of beta-glucan, a nutrient that can protect DNA against ultraviolet light deterioration.
This is such a new essential oil product that the health benefits are unproven and mostly unknown. It shows a lot of promise and should be explored by those who are working with new “herbal remedies”.
- Regular consumption of Saccharomyces cerevisiae may lead to an imbalance in the B-Vitamin complex. It contains high levels of B Vitamins except for Vitamin B-12, which lack can lead to anemia.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae lowers blood sugar, which should be monitored carefully when used by those with diabetes. Consult a health care professional for use by diabetics. It is unknown how many of these issues remain with use of Cognac essential oil. People with diabetes or a tendency toward anemia should avoid use or use it under guidance of a health care professional until the results are clear.
- Cognac should not be used with MAOI therapy.
- People who are allergic to wine, grapes, or cognac, could have an allergic reaction to cognac essential oil.