Size: 30 ml violet glass bottle
Distillation: Cold pressed from seeds of the fruit, and filtered
Botanical name: Citrullus lanatus
Physical Properties of Watermelon Seed Botanical Oil
- Detoxicant–purifies and cleanses the skin
- Enhances skin hydration, elasticity
- Hair and scalp tonic
- Regenerates burns, cuts, scars
- Treatment for sunburn, stretch marks
- Tonic–skin (supports collagen formation), nervous system, cardiovascular system
External–topical, skin and hair treatment, massage, cosmetic use, carrier oil
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Watermelon seed botanical oil is high in many nutrients, including B vitamins, magnesium, and omega-6 fatty acids. It has substantial amounts of lysine and arginine, two amino acids that the body does not manufacture on its own. These give the oil its cardio-tonic properties, helping to reduce blood pressure, regulate heartbeat, and reduce non-beneficial cholesterol levels.
It is a light oil that is easily absorbed, making it a great choice for facial treatments. It does not clog pores, and its anti-bacterial nature is perfect for treating acne and skin break-outs. It can be added to cremes and skin preparations, or applied directly to skin and allowed to be absorbed, over night.
- No contraindications are known. Watermelon seed oil is generally regarded as safe at normal dosages.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.