More About Our Peppermint Essential Oil
Size: 5 ml violet glass bottle OR 30 ml violet glass bottle (SALE ONLY-1 oz amber glass bottle)
Source: USA or South Africa
Distillation Method: Steam distilled from certified organic leaves and stems
Botanical Name: Mentha piperita
Homeopathic Properties of Peppermint Essential Oil
- Insecticide–repels insects, spiders, mice
- Tonic–liver, digestive, endocrine, immune system, gall bladder
Internal–oral, inhalation, diffusion
External—topical application, massage, bath, spinal and local compress, energy centers and meridian points
Observations and Anecdotal Information
Peppermint is one of the great liver and gall bladder system regenerators. It aids hepatitis recovery, liver degeneration, and cirrhosis. It should be properly diluted and taken internally for these purposes.
It is such a great treatment for shock and trauma that I usually keep some in the car and around the house for emergencies. If someone is injured and shows signs of going into shock, just a drop or two of diluted peppermint in water (under the tongue) can bring them back and dispel symptoms almost instantly.
Peppermint essential oil is a good remedy for ringworm and other fungal infections, when applied topically.
It opens lymphatic circulation, and releases blockage in the lymph system.
It also increases the white blood cell count when it is low. Peppermint is universal, and has so many uses that it is one of my most important oils to keep on hand!
- Generally recognized as safe at normal dosage.
- Not recommended to use with infants or small children. It is very cooling and can be a shock to their undeveloped nervous systems. For colic relief or other digestive issues in small children, try a highly diluted form of anise or caraway.
- Keep all essential oils away from eyes.
- Store in a safe place, out of the reach of children.
- All internal uses should be researched and/or supported by a health care professional. Product quality and dosage are critically important when using essential oils internally.
None of our products are recognized or approved by the FDA. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. This information is anecdotal, and is provided for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice. See a health care professional for medical advice.